Dental implants in Brandon, Florida, are the newest, most practical, durable, and long-lasting treatment available to replace a missing tooth or teeth. An implant is a titanium pin that is used to replace the root of your tooth in the bone of your jaw. The implantation procedure is completed in one visit and usually is quick and comfortable. After the implant is placed and allowed time to heal, the next step is the final restoration of your tooth. There are a variety of devices that can attach to implants. Usually a single implant and implant crown is the preferred method to replace one missing tooth. Treatment can also include implant bridges and implant supported dentures. Implant supported dentures allow the dentures to snap directly onto an implant, which increases their stability and security while talking or chewing. In many cases it is possible to use your current denture so a new one does not have to be made!
Dr. Conte and our team offer a variety of dental implants, including:
• Full-size Implants: Also known as traditional dental implants, these appliances can replace a single tooth, secure a dental bridge, or fix dentures to the jawbone.
• Mini Dental Implants: Smaller than a full-size implant, mini implants are often used to anchor dentures or fill small gaps in your smile. The process of placing a mini implant is much more conservative than placing its full-size counterpart.
• Implant Supported Dentures: These implants can be full sized or miniature but are used to secure dentures to the jawbone to eliminate the discomfort of loose, ill-fitting dentures and allow patients to once again enjoy the sensation of strong, natural teeth.
The Advantages of Dental Implants
• Dental implants do more than replace the crown of your tooth. The crown is important for the appearance and function of your smile, but the titanium post on a dental implant replaces the root of the lost tooth. As you bite and chew, the pressure on the root helps keep your jaw strong. Without that pressure, your jawbone will begin to deteriorate. The post in the dental implant replaces the root and will keep your jaw healthy.
• Dental implants do not need any special care. Once the implant site has healed, you can brush and floss your implants just as you do your natural teeth
• Because they are placed directly in the jaw, dental implants are a much more stable restoration option than dentures and you can continue to enjoy your favorite foods.
• With the proper care, your dental implants can last you a lifetime.
To learn more about the benefits of dental implants and to schedule your consultation with our dentist in Brandon, Florida, we invite you to call Dental Excellence of Brandon today at 813-681-5515.